Skip to content

Oklahoma LLC Filing Requirements and Fees

Depending on the details of your Oklahoma business, you may be required to pay certain fees and fulfill various filing requirements.

Form your LLC today for $0 + OK state fee.

Starting an LLC in Oklahoma? Let Bizee do all the paperwork for you for free.

Enterprising Woman with technical skills

How Much Does Starting an Oklahoma LLC Cost?

Legal business registration and keeping your business in good standing with the state requires investment on your part. Some of these costs are payable to the Oklahoma Secretary of State (SOS), while others are due to the federal or other state government entity. We’ve listed some common requirements and fees here.

Note that Oklahoma business license and permit fees may need to be paid when you first form your business, on an ongoing schedule or on an ad hoc basis. Find more details below.

Initial Oklahoma LLC Fees

When you first file your LLC with the Secretary of State, you'll need to pay a filing fee. Here are the current Oklahoma LLC fees and filing times:

State Fee


State Filling Time

3 Weeks

Expedited Filing Time

2 Business Days

*includes online processing fees

If you form through Bizee, we collect this fee from you and forward it to the Oklahoma SOS when we file your formation paperwork.

Bizee Can File Your Formation Paperwork for You for Free — Just Pay the Required Oklahoma LLC Filing Fee

Form Your LLC Through Bizee Today
Business Formation

Oklahoma Allows You to Form Your LLC More Quickly by Paying a Rush Fee

View Expedited Fees For Oklahoma

Employer Identification Number

Every LLC in the U.S. should have a unique Employer Identification Number (EIN). These are provided by the Internal Revenue Service, and you use them when you file taxes, open a business bank account and pay employees. You can get one yourself for free from the IRS, or you can have Bizee do it for you.

Foreign LLCs

When you want to do business in a state other than the one where your business is based, you must create a foreign LLC.

Oklahoma Foreign LLC Registration

Before you can bring an arm of your business from another state into Oklahoma, you must request Oklahoma Foreign Qualification. This means the state gives you permission to conduct business there.

To request registration of an Oklahoma Foreign LLC, you must complete a Statement of Foreign Qualification form and pay a $100 filing fee. The state may have additional requirements, so contact the Oklahoma Secretary of State for more information.

Foreign Qualification to Operate in Another State

If you plan to expand your Oklahoma LLC into another state, you’ll first need Foreign Qualification or a Certificate of Authority from that state. This is necessary if you'll have a physical presence, employees or banking in that state.

This process will likely entail completing an application and paying a filing fee, but each state has its own requirements. Before you move forward, compare state filing times and state filing fees so you can plan accordingly. Contact the state government entity that administers business (usually the Secretary of State) to confirm their requirements and for specific instructions.

If you need assistance, Bizee provides complete Foreign Qualification service for all states.

Annual Report Requirements

Most states — including Oklahoma — require businesses to file an annual (or other periodic) report with the Secretary of State. A fee of $25 is due when you file your annual report. Here are the Oklahoma annual report (technically called an Oklahoma annual certificate) filing requirements:

Annual Report



Due Date

By the anniversary date of organization

Filing Fee


*includes a $1 online filing fee

Bizee Can Also Complete and File Your Oklahoma Business Entity Report on Your Behalf

Bizee’s Annual Report Filing Service
Annual Report
Oklahoma Business License and Permit Requirements

It’s your responsibility to ensure you have the proper state, federal or local business licenses to operate your business. Some of the associated fees only need to be paid once, while others are ongoing charges.

Permits and licenses vary based on:
  1. The industry your LLC operates in (e.g., restaurants will need health permits)
  2. The location of your LLC (state, county or city) (e.g., a license to conduct business from the county of Tulsa)
  3. The type of business you run (e.g., healthcare providers must meet HIPAA requirements)
Remember: operating your business without the required licenses can expose you to risks and fines from federal, state and local governments.

You can research these permits and licenses yourself, or use Bizee’s Business License Research package, which includes:

  • A complete report on all the licenses, permits and tax registrations your LLC will need
  • The applications you'll need to file with the state, regional and federal licensing authorities

Operating Agreements

The state doesn’t require you to have an Oklahoma LLC Operating Agreement in place.

An Operating Agreement is a document that details how the business will be run, how managers and members are chosen, rights and duties of members and several other key areas. It's usually filed at the same time as your Articles of Organization.

This document can be extremely helpful in making sure you’re organized and prepared for any future events that may affect your business.

Bizee Can Draft a General Operating Agreement Template When You Form Your Oklahoma Business.

You can make changes to the template later based on your preferences and requirements.

Learn About Operating Agreements
Operating Agreement

Other Potential Oklahoma LLC Fees or Requirements

You may need to pay and meet several other fees and requirements during the life of your LLC. These ad hoc fees will only be payable in specific circumstances, which we’ve listed below.

Obtaining a Trade Name or DBA

If you want to establish an Oklahoma DBA (trade name), you must file a form (or file online) with the Oklahoma SOS. You’ll need to pay a filing fee of $25.

Bizee Can File Your Trade Name or DBA Forms on Your Behalf

Bizee’s DBA Service
Reserving a Name for Your LLC

If you don’t want to form your LLC right away, you can reserve a business name for 60 days with the Oklahoma SOS by filing a form and paying a fee of $10. First, perform an Oklahoma business search and learn about rules pertaining to business names to ensure the name you choose meets all state requirements.

Amending Certain Facts About Your LLC

Your business formation documents state certain facts about your Oklahoma business at the time it's formed. But over time, these facts may change. If they do, you'll need to file an Amended Articles of Organization form with the Oklahoma Secretary of State and pay a $50 filing fee. You can do this yourself or have Bizee complete the filing on your behalf.

You may want to file Articles of Amendment when you:
  • Add, remove or change an LLC member or manager
  • Change the stated business activities of your LLC
  • Alter the stated business activities of your LLC
Getting a Oklahoma Certificate of Good Standing

Some organizations may request that you prove your LLC’s compliance with laws and tax requirements. If you need to prove you've met your commitments, you’ll need an Oklahoma Secretary of State Certificate of Good Standing. You can order one online for a fee of $20.

Bizee Can Obtain an Oklahoma Certificate of Good Standing on Your Behalf

Certificate of Good Standing Service
Certificate of Good Standing

The fees listed above detail many of the charges a standard LLC will be required to pay. In some circumstances, other one-off, periodic or ad hoc fees not listed above may be required.

Of course, your LLC will also likely need to pay self-employment, payroll, federal, state and sales taxes. More information about taxes can be found on the Oklahoma Business Taxes page.

FAQs About Oklahoma LLC Fees

What Happens to the State Fees I'm Charged When Forming My LLC?

We charge you this fee at cost and then pay the fee to the Secretary of State on your behalf when forming your Oklahoma business.


Where Do I Get Business Licenses and Permits for My LLC?

It depends on various factors, including:

  • The type of business you run
  • Where your business is located
  • Governing bodies in your industry
  • Federal, state and local regulations

Many new businesses need a business license, and you may be required to obtain additional licenses and permits. Our Business License Research package can take the guesswork out of it for you and help you learn what your LLC needs to be compliant.

incorporate now

Launch your business with bizee

No Contracts. No Surprises. Only $0 + State Fee to Launch Your Business.