Skip to content

Nevada Registered Agent for Your LLC

Every business entity formed in Nevada needs to appoint a person or business to act as a Registered Agent.

Start Your LLC Today for $0 + NV State Fee.

Get your first year of Registered Agent Service for free when you start your business with Bizee.

Enterprising Woman with technical skills

What is a Registered Agent?

YouTube Video Thumbnail Presenting Movie About Registered Agent

Your Nevada Registered Agent will provide various services, including the acceptance of formal documents and correspondence from the NV Secretary of State.

Your LLC must have a Registered Agent at all times, and you must appoint one when you first start your business. You can also replace your existing Nevada Registered Agent at a later date, provided there is a smooth transition between the old and new agents.

Nevada Registered Agent Requirements

  • Every domestic and foreign corporation must, at all times, maintain a Registered Agent with a registered office located within the State of Nevada.
  • The Registered Agent can be a domestic or foreign (licensed to transact business in the state) artificial legal entity (corporation, LLC, LP or LLP) or a natural person.
  • If the Registered Agent is a company, they must be authorized to conduct business in Nevada.
  • If the Registered Agent is a person, they must reside in Nevada.
  • The Registered Agent must be available in person to sign for any correspondence during regular business hours.
  • The registered office must be located at a street address (a P.O. Box alone is not acceptable) within the State of Nevada.

Note that when selecting a location for your Registered Agent, Nevada doesn't require that the agent's address be the same as your business address. You can even use a Nevada virtual mailbox to easily manage and access your correspondence.

Important: A virtual mailbox is not a replacement for a Registered Agent. They perform two separate functions and per state law, you are required to have a Registered Agent.

What a Nevada Registered Agent Does

A Registered Agent's primary purpose is to accept official documents and correspondence on behalf of your business.

This includes:

  • Communication from the NV Secretary of State
  • Service of process notices (e.g., if your LLC is sued or required to appear in court)
  • Official state and federal government correspondence and notifications
  • Tax forms and requests to complete permits, company filings and reports

Having a Registered Agent also allows you to prove to the state that your business exists.

Bizee Provides Free Nevada Registered Agent Service for the First Year

Bizee provides a complete Nevada Registered Agent service for any LLC that’s formed in the state. Even better, if you form your business through Bizee, your Registered Agent is completely free for the first year and only $119 a year after that.

Bizee is authorized to conduct business in Nevada and can legally act as your Registered Agent. Here’s what our Registered Agent services include:

  • A digital dashboard where you can access, store and retrieve any information we’ve received for your business
  • An always-available Nevada Registered Agent who can receive correspondence, documents and legal proceedings on your LLC's behalf
  • Email notification whenever we receive documents for your business
  • Automatic forwarding of all legal correspondence, documentation and information directly to you
Get Our Trusted Registered Agent Service

Appointing a Registered Agent for Your LLC

When you first form your LLC, you must appoint a Registered Agent. You can change it at any point after that. Here’s how to go about it.

Assign a Registered Agent When You Form Your LLC

Your business needs to have a Registered Agent as soon as it’s formed. You can do this two ways:


File Articles of Organization With the NV Secretary of State

You’ll need to include details of your Registered Agent in your Articles of Organization and officially create your business.


Form Your LLC Through Bizee and Get a Free Registered Agent

When you start a business through us, you’ll get one free year of our Registered Agent Service, and we’ll use the information you provide to complete and file your Articles of Organization for you.

Start Your Business Through Bizee
Assign a New Registered Agent After Formation

You can also change your Nevada Registered Agent after you’ve formed your LLC. There are a couple of ways to achieve this.


Choose a New Registered Agent Service and File a Form With the NV Secretary of State

Once you’ve chosen a new Registered Agent, complete the Statement of Change of Registered Agent by Represented Entity available on the NV Secretary of State website. Once you’ve filled it out, send it to the Secretary of State's office with a payment of $60 so they can update your records.


Sign Up for Bizee’s Nevada Registered Agent Service and We’ll File the Change on Your Behalf

When you use our Registered Agent service, we take care of all the form filling and filing for you. We’ll collect important information about your business, complete the form on your behalf and then send it to the NV Secretary of State. We’ll let you know once we officially become your Registered Agent.

Order Bizee’s Registered Agent Service

Nevada Registered Agent Search

In some situations, you may want to know the name of the Registered Agent that represents another company in Nevada. This information is available in the Secretary of State's business database.

If the Registered Agent isn’t available there, you can request it directly from the Secretary of State.

What Happens If You Don’t Have a Registered Agent?

If you don't assign or provide details of a Registered Agent to the NV Secretary of State, there may be several possible ramifications, including:

  • Getting served or sued and not knowing about it. If your LLC is sued and you're unaware of it, you could lose to a default judgment in your absence.
  • Falling out of good standing with the NV Secretary of State. If you don’t respond to certain correspondence (like the request for your annual report), the state may revoke your right to do business.
  • Losing your status as an LLC in Nevada. A Registered Agent “proves” to the state that your business exists. Without it, you could lose your business entity protections and your LLC may be dissolved.

Acting as Your Own Registered Agent

If you have a physical address in the state, you can be the Registered Agent for your Nevada LLC. We don’t recommend this approach as there can be some drawbacks:

  • The Registered Agent must have a physical street address in Nevada. If you’re forming an LLC outside the state, you’ll need to use an in-state Registered Agent
  • Someone must always be available during business hours at the Nevada address to accept important documents.
  • The Registered Agent’s name and address are part of the public record and available through the Secretary of State's website. If you prefer your name and address not be published, your best bet is a Registered Agent service.
  • If you change your business address or move out of state, you'll need to file additional documentation with the Secretary of State for the new address. This won't be the case if you use a Registered Agent service, making a move or address change much simpler.

Other Useful Resources

FAQs About Nevada Registered Agents


Do I Need to Appoint a Nevada Registered Agent?

Yes. All LLCs in the state are required to have a Registered Agent. This is mandated by the NV Secretary of State. You'll find more details above.


When Should I Assign a Nevada Registered Agent?

You must assign a Registered Agent when you form your Nevada business with the Secretary of State. You can change your agent afterward by filing the correct form. If you form your business through Bizee, we’ll file all the necessary forms on your behalf. You'll find more information above.


Can I Be My Own Registered Agent in Nevada?

Yes, but we don’t recommend it for the reasons listed above.


Does the Registered Agent for My Nevada-Based LLC Need to have an Address in Nevada?

Yes. Additionally, if they are a business providing Registered Agent services, they must be legally able to conduct business in your state. You'll find more information above.

incorporate now

Launch your business with bizee

No Contracts. No Surprises. Only $0 + State Fee to Launch Your Business.